Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famous Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations and an accredited Sleep Center in the Greater Houston area. Medical services offered by Kelsey-Seybold include medical care in 55+ medical specialties including primary care and specialty care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, a Radiation Therapy Center, laboratory services, advanced radiology services, and other diagnostic services, 15 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and a secure web portal for patients to communicate with their Kelsey-Seybold doctors, get test results and schedule appointments.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes, heart, and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center, and Cancer Center.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is actively recruiting a Physician Assistant to assist in the Urology clinic with the treatment of patients in an outpatient clinical setting. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will work as a team player in the department; interact in a positive manner with ancillary staff; be responsive to referring physicians and support the philosophy of the group practice. Qualified candidates must be available between the hours of M-F, 8a-5p. And have the flexibility to rotate to various satellite clinics from their home base site.
- Practice outpatient Urology with the flexibility of performing hospital-based responsibilities. Primarily, assisting the physician in the evaluation and management of clinic patients including performing histories and physical examinations on new patients; autonomously providing ongoing care for assigned patients; active participant in virtual health platforms, screening patients to determine the need for further health care and/or admission; performing in-office procedures; ordering diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and any other studies necessary for the care of patients.
- Evaluation and management of operative patients to include performing pre-operative testing and counseling as well as post-operative care in the clinic.
- Maintaining EPIC documentation guidelines per Clinic policy.
- Weekly office hours of Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Graduate from an Accredited School of Physician Assistant Studies.
- Licensed in the State of Texas.
- Board Certified and/or Board Eligible.
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC)
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts, and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
For more information or to be contacted by a recruiter, please fill out the following abbreviated form.