The primary focus of this position is to provide high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services at all acuity levels, for all Kelsey-Seybold patients. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. Kelsey-Seybold anesthesiologists treat children, adolescents, and adults at multiple locations across the Houston area. Procedures include general, orthopedic, endoscopy, plastics/ reconstructive, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology, ENT, interventional radiology, sedation for pain procedures, and approximately 5 percent of pediatric cases involving simple ENT (PE tubes, tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, strabismus, simple orthopedics) ASA 1 to 3 patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required.
- Evaluate patients to determine an accurate anesthetic plan
- Work under the direction of a physician anesthesiologist
- Determine and administer the appropriate dosage of anesthesia during procedures
- Coordinate with doctors, nurses, technicians, and other health care professionals
- Complete records of type and amount of anesthesia, patient condition, patient response, and medical histories
- Assess patient recovery and removal to another room following surgery
- The candidate should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient