Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 55 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 16 on-site Kelsey Pharmacy locations, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for three consecutive years and is the only 5-out-of-5-star rated plan in Texas.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center and Endoscopy Center
The primary focus of this position is to provide high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services at all acuity levels, for all Kelsey-Seybold patients. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. Kelsey-Seybold anesthesiologists treat children, adolescents, and adults at multiple locations across the Houston area. Procedures include general, orthopedic, endoscopy, plastics/ reconstructive, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology, ENT, interventional radiology, sedation for pain procedures, and approximately 5 percent of pediatric cases involving simple ENT (PE tubes, tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, strabismus, simple orthopedics) ASA 1 to 3 patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required.
- Evaluate patients to determine an accurate anesthetic plan
- Work under the direction of a physician anesthesiologist
- Determine and administer the appropriate dosage of anesthesia during procedures
- Coordinate with doctors, nurses, technicians, and other health care professionals
- Complete records of type and amount of anesthesia, patient condition, patient response, and medical histories
- Assess patient recovery and removal to another room following surgery
- The candidate should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient
- Graduate of accredited nurse anesthesia program
- Valid state RN License (must meet education requirement(s) for state licensure)
- Valid state APRN Recognition (must meet education requirement (s) for state recognition and obtain within six (6) months of hire)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA)
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current BLS
- Two (2) years of anesthesia care in acute setting experience
For more information or to be contacted by a recruiter, please fill out the following abbreviated form.