Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 55 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 16 on-site Kelsey Pharmacy locations, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for three consecutive years and is the only 5-out-of-5-star rated plan in Texas.
Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home. Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. In addition to these recognitions, Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, and Endoscopy Center.
Excellent opportunity for an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant) to join a growing practice with an already established patient base, with great growth potential. Freedom to focus on patient care while the business aspect is taken care of by the clinic. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality, compassionate care.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat psychiatry patients as guided by evidence-based care.
- Prescribe medications and/or psychotherapeutic treatments for mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Ability to manage mild-moderate mental illness with referral to psychiatrist access for severe mental illness.
- No overnight or weekend inpatient call.
- Outpatient only practice with 60 minutes new and 30 minutes follow up appointment schedule.
- Collaborative Care model with access to the primary care provider, psychiatrist, specialists, social workers, and counselors/therapists within the same network.
- Epic electronic medical records with dedicated behavioral health templates.
- Dedicated supervision time during the week to meet with the psychiatrist individually.
- Telemedicine opportunities include both video and telephone.
- Flexible schedule opportunities, ( 4 tens or 4.5 days).
- Malpractice is covered by the employer.
- Salary includes both base pay and productivity bonus option.
- Requires Advanced Practice Training/Certification (NP/PA).
- Current unrestricted Texas medical licensure
- Board certification if eligible
- At least 1 year of psychiatric training/post-graduate training/experience
- Valid prescriptive license required
Benefits and Compensation: Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC)
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.