Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice, founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s renowned Texas Medical Center. More than 450 physicians and allied health professionals practice at 30 locations in the Greater Houston area. Kelsey-Seybold offers quality medical care in 55 medical specialties. The organization operates the largest freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center in the state of Texas and offers state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technology at a nationally accredited Cancer Center. An accredited Sleep Center, comprehensive laboratory services, advanced imaging and diagnostics, 16 on-site Kelsey Pharmacy locations, and MyKelseyOnline, a secure web portal, are part of its comprehensive offerings. Kelsey-Seybold partners with major insurers to offer value-based commercial health plans. KelseyCare Advantage, a Medicare Advantage plan offered to Houston-area beneficiaries and affiliated with Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, has achieved the coveted 5-out-of-5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for three consecutive years and is the only 5-out-of-5-star rated plan in Texas.
Pathway to Partnership
Unlike other organizations, Kelsey-Seybold physicians have the opportunity for ownership in the Medical Group, as well as in The Kelsey-Seybold Management Company. The ownership path is clear and straightforward. A Kelsey-Seybold Physician is typically eligible for ownership after three years of employment, board certification, and demonstrated good citizenship. The result is an extraordinary, broad-based, and diverse physician-led organization.
When you join Kelsey-Seybold, you become part of an established, physician-owned, and led multispecialty group practice with a 70-year legacy of caring for patients.
- 72 physicians hold leadership positions
- 56% of our physicians are shareholders
- The average physician tenure is 11 years
- Physician-led board of managers
- A defined path to partnership
Internal Medicine Hospitalist – Nocturnal
The Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Hospitalist Program provides specialized, efficient, and coordinated care for our hospitalized patients. The nocturnal hospitalist observes their patient’s status, progress and test result up to several times, as needed.
- Nocturnists do new admissions/consults from anywhere at Baylor St Luke’s Medical Center, including McNair Campus orthopedic unit and inpatient rehab unit.
- Shift starts at 7 pm and ends at 7 am, so the nocturnist is required to stay in the hospital for the duration of the shift.
- Nocturnist is required to see the patient, review clinic records, do H&P, place admission orders, do medications reconciliation, address code status and DVT prophylaxis, address admission status (observation or inpatient), call appropriate and medically necessary consults as well as cover these patients during that night.
- For patients going to ICU or already in ICU, a nocturnist is required to see the patient, and do H&P, but the admission orders are placed by the ICU team. For patients going to CCU, a nocturnist is supposed to place the admission orders if not done already by cardiology.
- During the weekdays, daytime nurse practitioners will call the nocturnist at 7 pm to staff patients who they admitted between 5 pm and 7 pm. Nocturnist is supposed to see those patients and cosign and attest to H&Ps done by NPs.
- Every morning at 7 am, the nocturnist will sign out overnight admissions/ consults to the daytime physician.
- Daytime physicians cover their own patients at night so nocturnists are not expected to cover those patients except for occasional emergencies.
- Nocturnists are required to do billing of patients seen on the same shift.
- Full-time Kelsey-Seybold nocturnists cannot work anywhere else or with anyone else during the work weeks or during off weeks unless approved by management.
- While working the night shift for Kelsey-Seybold at BSLMC (including McNair), Per Diem physicians cannot work anywhere else or with anyone else, either physically or virtually on the same shift between 7 pm and 7 am.
- Medical Degree (MD, DO)
- Graduate of an approved training program in the United States.
- Licensed or willing to be licensed in the State of Texas.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible with the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Practicing Medicine at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Our physicians practice medicine in a collaborative manner amongst many medical specialties and subspecialties embracing technology and teamwork to provide patient-centered care. Our compensation package is productivity-based and includes salary, paid time off, CME, and matching 401K. Affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Heart Institute.
Benefits and Compensation:
Our compensation is productivity-based and includes salary. A comprehensive benefits package is designed to provide a full range of coverage in health and benefits, retirement, continuing medical education, paid time off, medical professional liability, and much more.
- Multispecialty group practice setting
- Low cost of living
- Regular weekday hours
- Full nursing and clerical support
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC)
As the 4th largest city in the U.S., Houston, Texas is a leader in business, entertainment, the arts and more. From professional sports to outdoor fun to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining – it’s all here! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of our many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content. Houston is a city of infinite possibilities.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. Kelsey-Seybold is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.